Friday 3 April 2015

Just Another Day In Rescue

Well I promised Simby Wimby I wouldn't share this but I'm certain he won't mind me sharing it with fellow understanding cat owners. I could hear him shouting at all the other cats but seemed to be rather more irritated than normal. I went to investigate...
Oh dear, he had a cling on, which could only be removed by pinning him down and cutting it off, of course we did this away from the others, didn't want him humiliating anymore than he already had been. Soon as the offended item was removed peace was restored, well as peaceful as you can expect in this multi cat, manic household.

Lord Louie who can barely walk, astounded me today. He occasionally potters to the patio but only if the sun is shining. He can barely walk bless so I've never needed to worry about him going anywhere. Imagine my horror when I saw him larger than life plonked on the wheelie bin. No idea how on earth he got up there but I certainly made sure he got down. He never ceases to amaze me this boy. His determination to still get to where he wants to go, even though his body is weak, well he certainly puts me to shame. Can't express enough how glad I am that my heart over-ruled  my head that day and brought him home. <3 

Finally, my last bit of news, Oscar ( Siamese that had been straying for a year ) has been here some time now and still feels the need to spit at me occasionally, I don't take it to heart and I continue to stroke him. Well tonight I placed his food in the usual place and proceeded to do his litter, which is underneath. I felt something touch my head, I looked up to see it was him, he had pawed me and then proceeded to eat in front of me, he normally waits till I've left his pen. Just when you think they are never going to trust you and then they show you. All the weeks of respecting his space, being consistent with his food, understanding the need for him to root in the bin to lick the empty pouches and deciding that 4 pouches a day will take that need away, has finally paid off and they appreciate you. Moments like these in rescue tells you that you are truly on the right path.


No comments:

Post a Comment